Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us. -Ephesians 3:20
Today marks the beginning of a new school year for many around our country and my local church has called on us as a body to pray for our schools and students in our community. My family is not yet at the point where we are sending a little one off to school, although it will not be long from now, but we still believe it is important to support schools and students by praying for them.
Below are seven ways that you can join me in praying for the schools in your city and the students that will be returning to them.
1. God, help us to know you. (Ephesians 1:17)
2. God, help us to make you known. (Ephesians 6:19)
3. God, help our school leaders. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
4. God, help us to be respectful and obedient. (Romans 13:1-2)
5. God, help us grow in wisdom and knowledge of the truth. (Proverbs 2:6)
6. God, help us to be kind and compassionate. (Ephesians 4:3)
7. God, help us to build good friendships. (Proverbs 13:20)