I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the leadership from Mosaic Church Chicago a few weeks ago and loved learning the Kingdom DNA that they have as a community of believers on mission. The following is their model of discipleship that has three elements or rhythms, which flow out of their Villages.
UP: Restoring our relationship with God as Father - IDENTITY
Galatians 4:4-6 (ESV)
1. Reconnecting with Father
2. Restoring Identity as Sons and Daughter, not slaves
3. Hear and Obey
IN: Restoring our relationship with each other - FAMILY of God
1. Reconnecting us to each other
2. Love one another as I have loved you (John 15:12)
3. Hear and Obey corporately as the Body of Christ
OUT: Restoring our Relationship with our society - WORLD
2 Corinthians 5:17-20
1. God has given us the ministry of reconciliation
2. Reconciling the world "Kosmos" meaning all things we lost in the garden when we sinned
3. Our Role is one of "Ambassador"
*Do all three at once as Disciples*