Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the Devil. For our battle is not against and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. -Ephesians 6:11-12
This week I started going through Putting On The Armor: Equipped and Deployed for Spiritual Warfare by Chuck Lawless. As one could guess the study focuses on the armor of God passage found in Ephesians 6:10-20. This is a six week study that I am excited to be going through and one in that I wish I had gone through before moving overseas. During the six weeks you will see me share different quotes via twitter and occasionally different posts on here that will be beneficial to all in regards to putting on the armor of God in the fight against spiritual warfare.
Today, I want to share seven truths about the armor of God from week 1:
1. We are to wear the full armor of God.
2. The armor we wear is God's armor (Eph. 6:11).
3. Putting on the armor is nothing magical.
4. Wearing the armor can't be separated from what we believe and how we live.
5. Putting on the armor is about being equipped and deployed for spiritual battles.
6. The support of other believers helps us put on the armor (Eph. 1:1).
7. Learning about the armor of God takes place only as we read God's Word.