1. Know God
- Communication is Involvement
- Communication is a Process
- Spiritual perceptions and response is the work of God's Spirit.
2. Know the Message
- Before culture considerations, gospel expertise must be the aim.
- Mastery of the content is the necessary foundation for effective communication.
- Live according to your primary purpose
3. Know Yourself and Your Own Culture
- The communicator's personality and experience modify the form of the message.
- Biblical Culture - Our home culture - Our host culture
4. Know the Audience
- The communicator's image of the audience and understanding of the context are primary factors in shaping the form of the message.
- Communication increases commitment
5. Know the Tools
- All human communication occurs through the use of twelve signal systems.
- Mass media is going to change the range, it all depends on how far you are trying to extend it.
- The effectiveness of medium is largely due to factors outside itself.
6. Know the Context
- Cultural patterns and beliefs of society.
- Perception precedes comprehension, interpretation, and the impact of a message.
7. Know the Change
- Transformation is on God
- Change is a Process
- Decisions are rarely individual so consider social networks
- A decision to change primarily results from a work of God, secondarily from the divine impacts from social networks and media.