For over a year now I have had Breaking the Islam Code by J.D. Greear on my reading list, but just now managed to start reading it this past weekend. It is already promising to be a great starting place in order to understand the soul questions of Muslims and to be able to see them come to Christ. Although I have only read about 25% of the book, I wanted to go ahead and share what J.D. calls "A Message for the Heart" in chapter one.
A Message for the Heart:
1. You most effectively share Christ with Muslims when you are genuinely friends with them.
2. You must learn to listen to Muslims.
3. You must look for the Holy Spirit to do in the heart of your Muslims friends what you cannot do.
In addition Greear offers three preliminary questions that he suggest you constantly be asking:
1. What does my friend actually believe?
2. Why does he believe that?
3. Which of his beliefs, questions, and experiences can I affirm?
I look forward to finishing up the book this week and offering further tools in reaching Muslims, but hopefully this will help get you started in the right direction.