During my man's weekend we discussed men as husbands and ways to practically honor your wife. As men it is important to remember that first God is your example. Second that men must love their wives with agape (unconditional) and efficacious (transforming) love (1 Cor. 13:4-8; Eph. 5:25-33).
Men, it is important to remember that, your spouse is a living, breathing, endless book to be read. Dreams and hopes have yet to be realized. Talents and abilities may be discovered like hidden treasure. But the choice to explore them starts with a decision by you.
Here are ways to practical honor your wife:
- Honor her maritally. Take a wife honorably. Establish right priorities, and be a one woman man-absolutely faithful to your wife.
- Honor her physically. Be strong for your wife, not against her. Be protective of her and present with her.
- Honor her emotionally. Be emotionally present and intimate Take her on dates.
- Honor her verbally. Speak honorably to her. Speak honorably of her, when she is present and absent.
- Honor her financially. Provide for the financial needs of your family, organize your budget, and be generous towards your wife.
- Honor her practically. Consider her needs and how you can serve her.
- Honor her parentally. Be "Pastor Dad" by shepherding your children (praying with them, teaching them about Jesus, reading the Bible with them, etc.).
- Honor her spiritually. You initiate and lead prayer, Bible, chats, church attendance, etc. Take responsibility for your church.